Tuesday, October 30, 2007

3.2nd.9.842 A.T.E.

Well, a journal huh? I’ve contemplated writing my thoughts and activities down for some time. I am confident that many people in the years following my passing could learn from me, though I am not certain exactly what. I suppose it was just destiny that I happened to come across this nearly empty journal in the caravan. Since the owner had no use for it anymore, as he is now deceased, I decided it was fate that I should take it.

My loyal traveling companion Vadania and I are currently camping somewhere along the road, having escaped from that caravan, and I expect that we are the only survivors. It is a shame I couldn’t get the other guards to actually put up a fight, though I’m not sure it would have mattered against those creatures. I realized that victory was impossible, after loosing several guards, not even one of the beasts had fallen. There was only one viable tactical option available, and that was a full withdraw. Now here I am a few days later, headed towards the town of Ragnarok, which does not bode well. No town named after an apocalypse can be good, particularly if something there convinced the Imperial Military to withdraw its troops.

I suppose I should introduce myself, since you are reading all about my travels. I am Xanatos Valarian, Grey Elf, Expert Warrior, and Tactical Mastermind. Oh yes, I am also a wanted criminal, though I deem that title to be unwarranted. I will go into the specifics of it at some later date, but I must train and meditate now.

No comments: