Wednesday, November 14, 2007

10.2nd.10.842 A.T.E: Meeting Tom

With what Numa had told us about his contact, it sounded as though he was a vampire hunter. This Tom guy would be a perfect addition to help us go and slay a vampire. Unfortunately, after we met Tom, we found that Numa did not know who this guy was. He certainly looked the part of a vampire hunter, with a duster and a wide brimmed hat. Alas, he was not a hunter, or even a combatant, but a man who is good at ‘finding’ things. Luckily for us, he knew of a vampire hunter that could join us, though he appeared to be withholding information. It would be a few days before we got to meet this hunter, not something I wished to hear. I would have preferred to leave as soon as possible.

Asmodean spent the day hunting, and I spent a good portion of the day playing the human game of chess with Numa. The first game we played, I won easily, but Numa demanded we play for best two out of three, so I agreed. Somehow, Numa won the second two games, and I am certain he cheated somehow. After those games, I decided to go see about finding my wanted poster, which was at the sheriff’s office as I suspected. I managed to deftly remove the wanted poster from their bulletin board once I found it, but the town sheriff recognized me nonetheless. I prepared myself to either defend myself or retreat, but the sheriff didn’t even bother with me, because a paltry 15 gold pieces wasn’t worth the effort. How annoying, after I returned to my room at the Blue Colt Inn I checked the wanted poster, and the sheriff was correct, my bounty is only 15 gold. I realize I should be greatly relieved that the Empire’s bounty so low as to prevent people from caring about me, but I don’t find it in the least bit flattering that they think so poorly of my considerable talents to not put more effort in getting me back into service. It is their loss, not mine however. Though, I now have another reason to keep knowledge of my bounty from my companions. Another important note, when I went to find my own wanted poster, I saw one for Tom, offering 1,000 gold pieces in reward for him. He is wanted dead, not alive.

Other than all of that, Asmodean returned from hunting with a deer, and a large wolf with snow-white fur. He also had a black mouth and black teeth again. I am not sure why he would once again eat whatever it is that causes that. I suppose he must not realize that it has that effect, as I guess he does not look in the mirror very often, not that I can blame him.

We should be hearing from Tom’s vampire hunter tomorrow.

No comments: