Thursday, November 1, 2007

5.2nd.9.842 A.T.E: Count Crisco

Today started off rather bland. I started by walking around town with little direction, not knowing what to do or where to go. While wandering, I ran across Max and Asmodean in the street, it is a miracle that they are still alive. Asmodean was carrying around two kegs of alcohol, I can only assume to replace the tainted beer that the previous owner had. Luckily for the goliath, whatever he had eaten apparently ran its course, and his mouth was no longer black. His voice had slightly changed though, and I’m not sure if that is the black fruit wearing off or getting worse and destroying his throat. As we talked, a man in all white, obviously much wealthier and seemingly untouched by the death of the town walked towards us. The nearby shopkeepers were obviously quite unhappy with the man, who had introduced himself as Count Crisco, and shunned him. When Count Crisco inquired about our new tavern, much to my surprise Asmodean informed him it was closed, so the Count asked that they come by his place when it opens so he can visit.

Asmodean and Max continued on to do whatever it was they were doing, and I was once again left to my own devices. So, I chose to investigate this Count Crisco who, judging by the townsfolk’s reaction, was not well liked. Asking around the town and talking to the current mayor, I discovered that Count Crisco use to be the mayor of Ragnarok, but retired around three months ago, the same time as the plague started. The current mayor knew why he retired, but told me it was confidential so I did not press the matter. I did return to Joseph’s Inn to talk with Asmodean and Max. I convinced Max to tag along with me to the Count’s manor, but Asmodean was uninterested. I tried to persuade him that helping the town and removing the disease would mean more customers, but to no avail.

The Count’s butler was a unique person; he didn’t arrive to greet us until we began to walk in the door. We informed him that Joseph’s Tavern was open, and asked about a few things, nothing special stood out. When the Count arrived at the tavern, however, he just stood around and looked, focusing too much on myself for my liking. He also focused on Asmodean quite a lot, until the goliath had enough and kicked him out. Tonight I am staying at Joseph’s Tavern, though I do not know why, since Asmodean overcharged me. Tomorrow I suppose I will go back to talk with the ex-mayor.

No comments: