Friday, November 16, 2007

4.2nd.12.842 A.T.E: Departure from Outpost One

Not much of interest today, though for some reason Asmodean met us under the guise of Tom. I assume this had something to do with the guards and angry looking innkeeper downstairs as we left. What was most interesting to me was that the glasses that I wore, the ones that were able to penetrate magical darkness, allowed me to see though his magical disguise.

Now that I think on it, Asmodean’s constant shift in capabilities is strange. It would be perfectly understandable if his abilities were simply magic, but it seems to be something beyond that. Asmodean somehow seems to change on different days, with minor personality quirks and changes in appearance. It is quite fascinating really, almost like an obscure puzzle or something.

Also something to note, while looking though the glasses, I noticed that Tom didn’t appear human as he normally does, but he appeared to be a dark elf. This means two things; First of all, these glasses appear to be even more powerful than I had first imagined, and the appraisal I had received, a mere 10,000 gold coins, almost seems low now. Secondly, I need to watch Tom more carefully. We were just ambushed by dark elves, and then our guide turns out to possibly be one of them, that is very suspicious. Asmodean had some choice words for Tom as well, but I don’t quite recall what they were over, to be honest, I was lost in my own thoughts at the time and not really paying much attention to the two.

It appears we have nearly another week of travel until we arrive at our next stop.

No comments: