Tuesday, November 20, 2007

3.1st.1.843 A.T.E: City of Invention

What a wonderful city we have arrived in today. The city is Cogstown, and it is an inventor’s haven. A few months ago, the city rebelled and managed to drive off the empires forces so that its citizens would be free to focus on their craft without fear of the draft. I feel such a place as this could easily become a home to me, though I’m not much of an inventor. Tom said we would be here for a while, which I have come to expect. At least here is much more comfortable than many of the other places we have stayed.

We wandered around the town taking in the sights. At one point, we saw a man demonstrating something called a ‘rifle’. It seemed to have quite a bit of power, but at the same time be quite volatile. I would think that sticking with my own bow would be much more reliable, and safer. Asmodean seemed quite fascinated with the thing though and discussed some stuff with the man firing the gun. While exploring, I found another interesting device, this one designed to explode. You light it and it creates a small burst of flame after the fuse runs out. I thought they seemed intriguing, so I purchased five of them to see if they were worth it.

We will rest well tonight.

No comments: