Friday, November 16, 2007

3.1st.12.842 A.T.E: Arrival at Outpost One

The last time I wrote in this journal was a full month ago; there really wasn’t much to write over the course of those two weeks. Numa’s new Entomber ally hasn’t betrayed us, nor has Tom or Vaan. Something that seemed strange to me is that during our entire trip, Numa had not slept once, or if he had it was very briefly. That evil necromantic energy must empower and sustain him in some way I cannot immediately fathom. We arrived in a small underground outpost, which has no name. The outpost is filled with the people not accepted in cities, or those who wish to disappear. A number of those living here are dark elves, the most untrustworthy and vile of elves (even lower than high elves). Luckily we should be here for just one…

As of the point where I stopped writing, I heard a loud crash in our ‘inn’. When I had opened my door, there were two dark elves ready to greet me with their shortswords. I knew this drow infested outpost was not safe. The fight was difficult since I did not have armor. I was unable to land many hits against these foes because I spend most of my time defending myself with my shield. Eventually, others came to my aid, including some spiders that Numa summoned, which was amusingly ironic. I understand that one poisoned Max with sleep venom of some kind and almost had the opportunity to kill him. We discovered Vaan had been viciously murdered in his sleep, which is not what I would have expected, seeing as he was the one to make accommodations for us at this inn free of charge. However, that was not the most horrifying thing this night. To my displeasure, I learned that Asmodean prefers to sleep in the nude.

We later decided to continue sleeping at the inn, though Asmodean went down to discuss the break in with the innkeeper. Knowing Asmodean’s preferred method of discussion, I think I am grateful I wasn’t a part of it.

No comments: