Saturday, November 3, 2007

7.1st.10.842 A.T.E: Week of Rest

The week has been pretty calm so far, except for the town riot near the manor when news of the cure was released. The town of Ragnarok has finally started recovering from its ordeal. I figured that a quick recap of the week's events would be plenty, since there was not much to write about. We still are at Joseph’s Inn, since Asmodean chose to reopen it. The cure worked on Max, with no ill side effects except for a discoloration of bodily fluids, which was a bit more information than I wished to know. Asmodean’s voice cleared up as well, I guess that ‘black fruit’ finally ran its course.

I went shopping around town looking to restock on arrows and see if there was any other equipment that could be of some use. I also got the glasses we found appraised, and found that the enchantment is quite valuable. I will be holding onto these for the time being, since they are quite handy, and who knows when we will need them again.

The mayor chose to tell the town that he slew the beast, the one that took our combined group effort, single handedly. I don’t really care for the fame at the moment since drawing the attention of too many people could be problematic, and the town is quite happy with their heroic mayor, so good has come from his declaration. However, the imperial army will likely be returning to the town soon, especially after hearing word of a man who slew one of the beasts. I doubt the mayor thought this all the way though. I am not surprised though, as he didn’t appear to be a very intelligent man in the first place.

I found that the warrior-mage, Vargas, and I have similar intellects and interests. Finally, an ally with whom I can communicate with. He follows a similar combat tradition to my own, though he is much less trained than I. The man's only problem is that he lacks focus, he is trying to split his training between two different paths, paths that serve better when you devote all of your time and effort towards one. Numa, on the other hand, is an enigma. He remains quiet and alone most of the time, and I have yet to see his face, since he keeps himself covered in robes. Also, his choice of magic concerns me; Necromancy is a foul practice, and the man seems to focus on it almost entirely.

We received a threatening letter from Ghasley this week as well, saying that we will pay for ruining his plans. When asking around town, I found he was a traveler though the town 3 months ago, the same time the disease started and Count Crisco’s wife died. He apparently lives somewhere in the mountains to the north. We discussed what to do, with Vargas and I deciding that it would be best to take the fight to him, leaving the town as soon as possible. Max also agreed, though more out of a thirst for destruction than for tactical reasons I am sure. Numa and Asmodean believed that it would be best to leave town as well, but not to face the vampire. Rather, they wished to run as far away as possible. Hopefully we can come to some sort of agreement soon, as it is imperative that we are on our way before the empire’s forces return to Ragnarok.

No comments: