Friday, November 16, 2007

2.2nd.12.942 A.T.E: Serial Killer

I managed to rest quite well last night, but it appears that there were others in town that were not so privileged. This morning, five dead bodies were found in two separate neighboring houses. The corpses of the families, man, woman, and child, had their bodies completely skinned. I’m not sure what vile fiend would do such a thing, but they should definitely be prevented from doing such an atrocious act again.

Tom suggested we visit the murder scenes and even stay the night at the houses. I asked around town about the families and their enemies, and found they likely had none. The only thing they had in common was that they were next door to one another, and friendly neighbors. I cannot imagine that the murderer would return to the same place, and the houses were very poorly maintained and reeked of many foul smells, so I chose to sleep at the inn instead of with everyone else. If the others do manage to find anything of interest, I am sure they will notify me in the morning.

A side note, today Asmodean’s legs resembled those of a goat.

Amendment: Well, I wasn’t able to rest as well tonight as last night. Tom rushed in to inform me that the houses were under attack again. I took Vadania and quickly made my way to the Eastern housing area and saw a strange sight. There were, from what I could see, human skins crawling around attacking my comrades. I can only assume they were the skins of those who died the previous night. Vadania and I focused on one, and we both fought well. Annoyingly, it managed to hit me and began an attempt to constrict around my body. It wasn't the most pleasant sensation and I hope it never happens again. We managed to get the thing off of me and kill it before it could do any real harm, I don’t particularly want to imagine the sensation of having my skin peeled off. Numa managed to control the two other skin-things that were present. He apparently saw these things come out of the water fountain in the center of town and make their way here. These were also apparently undead, though I'm not sure what else they could have been. It is surprising and irritating how often undead come across our path. I wonder if the fact we are chasing after a vampire has anything to do with that.

Tom thinks it is not worth trying to save the town from the remaining skin monsters, but I do. I don’t immediately think of just the reward for doing so, unlike Tom. Asmodean also brought up his weapon, saying that it was somehow cursed instead of enhanced with magic. I wonder if this means my weapon could have the same problem. Tom said he would fix the issue at the next town, and that we should leave immediately. Much to his displeasure, we decided that we would stay and deal with the problem tomorrow morning.

No comments: